Registration & Deadlines
Call for abstracts
The organizing committee of the 8th Hardwood Conference would be pleased to receive high quality abstracts on all subjects concerned with hardwoods. The conference will feature key-note speakers, technical and poster presentations on various topics with special emphasis on hardwoods, including:
- Hardwood resources and assessment
- Hardwood forest management: challenges and opportunities
- Hardwood: stemwood characteristic, their manipulation and interrelation to wood properties
- Hardwood structure and properties
- Plantation wood
- Regulation of Timber Trade
- New aspects of the hardwood processing chain
- Drying, modification & functionalisation
- Machining & Manufacturing
- Durability, biodegradation and preservation
- Hardwood in composites and engineered materials
- New hardwood product approaches
- Product design and marketing initiatives
Submission of abstracts
Abstracts should be submitted by email to the local organizers (email@example.com) by no later than 1st of June 2018. Abstracts must be in Microsoft Word format (.doc or .docx ONLY). The official language of the conference will be English.
Abstract template: Template_Extended abstract_Hardwood_2018
200 EUR for early bird registrants (up to 1st of September)
250 EUR (after 1st of september)
150 EUR for students (a copy of supporting documentation is required)
Conference fee includes: admission to the conference, conference proceedings (book of extended abstracts), welcome party, conference dinner, lunches, coffee breaks
Accompanying persons are also welcome (dinner € 50). Please ask for details.
Please note that, after payment no refund is possible!
Please do not forget to register to the conference by sending the filled registration form via e-mail to the local organizers (firstname.lastname@example.org). Early registration is till 1st of September 2018.
Registration form: Registration_form_Hardwood2018_template
30th of June 2018 Extended abstract Deadline (Extended!)
15th of July 2018 Indication on abstract acceptance (Extended!)
1st of September 2018 Early bird registration
15th of October 2018 Payment of the registration fee